®/™©2023 Yummly. All rights reserved.Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands
This online merchant is located in the United States at 883 E. San Carlos Ave. San Carlos, CA 94070.
MSRP is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, which may differ from actual selling prices in your area.
Vegetable Ribbon Tartines
Quick-pickled veggie ribbons are sandwiched between a bed of tangy whipped cheese and a sprinkling of salty, crunchy pumpkin seeds for a light and elegant summer treat. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Jenn de la Vega.
- Prepare pickled vegetables: Using a vegetable peeler, peel off several long ribbons of carrot, zucchini, and yellow squash, about 20 ribbons total. In a small saucepan, combine the vegetable ribbons with the vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard seeds, peppercorns, and red pepper flakes. Bring the mixture to a boil, then remove from the heat and let sit for 2 minutes. Add ice to stop the cooking. Set aside.
- Put the room-temperature mascarpone cheese in a small metal bowl and whisk until light and fluffy.
- Toast the bread using your preferred method, then spread equal amounts of the whipped cheese on each piece.
- Use a fork to remove the vegetable ribbons from the pickling brine, and arrange in piles on top of each toast. Finish each tartine with a sprinkling of pepitas and a few sprigs of fresh dill.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories490Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.