Tropical Stuffed French Toast With Guava SyrupCRISCO
Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- COMBINE 3/4 cup guava paste, water and 2 tablespoons brown sugar in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 2 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth. Keep warm.
- CUT four 1/2-inch thick rings from cored pineapple. Reserve remaining pineapple for another use. Melt 2 tablespoons shortening on large griddle over medium heat. Saute pineapple slices in shortening about 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove from griddle.
- HEAT oven to 325°F. Whisk eggs in large bowl until blended. Blend in half-and-half, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, vanilla and remaining 1 tablespoon brown sugar.
- MELT remaining 2 tablespoons shortening on griddle over medium heat. Dip bread slices into egg mixture, one at a time, allowing to soak about 5 seconds on each side. Cook French toast on hot griddle for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- DIVIDE cream cheese on top of all eight pieces of French toast, spreading evenly. Stir together sugar and remaining 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon-sugar on top of each piece of French toast. Top 4 pieces with 1 slice pineapple. Top with remaining French toast, cream cheese side down, to form sandwiches. Place on baking sheet. Bake 5 to 10 minutes or until heated through. To serve: Cut French toast diagonally in half. Arrange on serving plates. Sprinkle generously with remaining cinnamon-sugar. Serve with warm guava syrup.
|Calories950Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.