From Allagash Brewing Company and Rosemont Productions Market. To be served with Allagash Interlude.
- 5 cups sweet potato (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 2 cups yellow onion (cut into a small dice)
- 2 cups bread (Dark, rye, wheat, cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1/2 pound pitted prunes (cut into 1/2 inch dice)
- 1/2 pound crumbled blue cheese
- 8 ounces apple cider
- 8 ounces chicken (or Vegetable Stock)
- 1 bunch parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat and brown the sweet potatoes in butter for 5-10 minutes. Transfer sweet potatoes to a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Wipe the skillet clean and return to medium heat. Saute the onions in oil, stirring frequently. Gradually increase the heat to medium-high to caramelize the onions. When the onions are evenly caramelized, add the chopped prunes and deglaze the pan with the apple cider. Reduce the cider until thick. Remove from heat
- Add the onion/prune mixture to the sweet potatoes. Stir in bread, stock, salt, and pepper and 1/2 of the blue cheese and parsley. Mix well and return to the skillet and cook in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until hot and lightly browned on the top. Remove from the oven and top with the remaining blue cheese and parsley.
|Calories490Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.