®/™©2023 Yummly. All rights reserved.
Roasted Salmon with Salsa Verde
Brightly flavored with lots of fresh herbs, briny capers, lemon juice, and garlic, Italian salsa verde takes only a few minutes to make in a food processor but makes even a simple meal like this one feel special. You’ll have plenty of sauce to slather over your favorite green vegetables as well as the beautiful roasted salmon fillet. The recipe is designed especially for the Yummly Smart Thermometer to help you get perfect results with the fish. But if you don’t have one, you can check the salmon’s temperature using an instant-read. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Laura Goble.
- Put garlic, capers, parsley, and cilantro in work bowl of a food processor. Pulse 6-8 times until finely chopped. Scrape down inside of bowl. With machine running, drizzle in lemon juice and ⅓ cup olive oil until salsa looks creamy. Transfer salsa to a bowl and stir in chili flakes and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Set aside (can be made 2 hours ahead).
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper (or oil the pan) and place salmon fillet on top. Drizzle salmon with 2 teaspoons olive oil and rub to coat. Scatter sliced shallot over salmon and season with remaining ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Rub cut sides of lemons with olive oil and arrange cut side down on sheet pan.
- Following the insertion guide on the Yummly Thermometer app, insert the thermometer horizontally into the thickest part of the salmon all the way to the black cap so the metal on the thermometer is completely covered.
- Roast salmon until the thermometer indicates fish is done the way you like, 15-20 minutes for pearly (122°). Transfer to a serving platter and let rest a few minutes.
- Scatter fresh cilantro sprigs around the salmon. Serve with salsa verde and with roasted lemons to squeeze on top. Chill any leftover salsa verde airtight up to 3 days.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories230Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.