Risotto with Chicken and Roasted PeppersMAZOLA® CORN OIL
The key to a creamy risotto is to add the broth in small amounts!
Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Place bell peppers, cut side down, on baking sheet lined with foil. Flatten with palm of hand. Broil 3 inches away from heat until blackened. Remove from oven. Wrap peppers in the foil; let stand 10 minutes to loosen skin. Peel off skin; chop peppers and set aside.
- Heat chicken broth in a medium saucepan over low heat; simmer, don’t boil.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until completely cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Return skillet to heat and reduce heat to medium. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Add onion and garlic; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add rice; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add wine; cook 1 minute or until wine is absorbed, stirring constantly. Add a ladleful of broth, stirring frequently, adding more as broth is absorbed. Continue adding broth and cooking, stirring frequently, until rice is al dente, 20 to 25 minutes (add a little hot water if necessary). Stir in chicken and roasted bell peppers; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese and basil; season with black pepper. Serve immediately.
|Calories650Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.