Pumpkin Cake RollYUMMLY
This classic pumpkin roll with cream cheese frosting is a must-bake for fall! The cake is light but full of flavor thanks to pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. Creating a rolled cake may sound tricky, but if you follow the easy steps, you’ll have a beautiful and perfectly rolled cake in no time at all (the total time includes 3 hours cooling). Note that you’ll need a 10x15-inch jelly roll pan. Serve slices of this cake as is, or top with candied pecans for extra flavor and fall flair. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Annalise Sandberg.
- cooking oil spray
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt (divided)
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin (unsweetened pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter (melted, for cake)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract (divided)
- 4 oz. cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature, for frosting)
- 2 cups powdered sugar (plus more for serving)
- 1 cup candied pecans (chopped, for serving; optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 10x15-inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray. Cut a second piece of parchment paper the same size and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and 1/4 tsp. salt. In a second bowl, whisk together brown sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs, melted butter, and 1 tsp. vanilla. Add dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and whisk just until no streaks of flour remain.
- Pour cake batter into the prepared pan and spread it into an even layer all the way out to the edges so it bakes evenly.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories280Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes