®/™©2023 Yummly. All rights reserved.
Perfect No-Fail Grilled Chicken Breasts
A little lime juice, chipotle, and cumin give this grilled chicken a kick, and a few super-simple techniques guarantee it comes out tender and juicy. First, lightly pound the meat so the thickness is fairly even from end to end. Second, grill the chicken over medium heat — not high, which can torch the outside before the inside is cooked through. Finally, don’t overcook it! (A thermometer makes this part easy.) The recipe is designed especially for the Yummly Smart Thermometer, but if you don’t have one, check the meat's temperature using an instant-read. The recipe is a Yummly original created by David Bonom.
- Combine cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, mustard, cumin, garlic powder, and chipotle in a medium bowl.
- Set chicken on a work surface with the smooth side up. With the heel of your hand or a meat mallet, lightly pound the thick portion of each chicken breast piece so the whole breast is an even 1 inch thick. Add chicken to bowl of marinade and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 4 hours.
- Preheat a grill for medium heat (350°F to 450°F). Set chicken on a plate and let stand at room temperature 20 minutes. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Following the insertion guide on the Yummly Thermometer app, insert the thermometer horizontally into a chicken breast until the metal is completely covered.
- Grill chicken with the smooth side down for 3 minutes with the lid closed. Rotate chicken 1/4 turn (this will give you those nice grill marks). Close the lid and grill 2 minutes longer. Turn chicken over (or flip when directed to by the Yummly Thermometer app) and grill until the temperature reaches 160°F, 5-10 minutes longer. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories300Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.