Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Place 3 cups water in a large pot with 2/3 cup sugar, the cinnamon, cloves and lemon juice. Cover and bring to a boil. Add the vanilla bean scrapings and pears and cook, covered, for 8-10 mins. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 3-4 hours. Remove the pears from the liquid and drain well.
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Grease and flour a 10 inch springform pan. Cream the butter, a pinch of salt, 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Whisk in the eggs, 1 at a time, then fold in the flour and baking powder. Add 3 tbsp cream. Transfer to the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Add 1 oz whole Amaretti cookies over top and gently press in. Bake for 15-20 mins then allow to cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, mix the mascarpone (or whipped cream cheese) with the remaining sugar and vanilla extract. Whip the remaining cream until stiff then add to the cheese mixture. Set aside.
- Bloom the gelatin in a little cold water for 5 mins. If using sheet gelatin, squeeze out the excess water from the gelatin sheets. Place the gelatin in a saucepan with a little of the cheese mixture and gently melt over low heat. Allow to cool slightly, then add to the main cheese mixture. Spread 1/4 over the cooled cake. Place the poached pears on top then cover with the remaining cheese mixture. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. Before serving, remove from the pan and sprinkle the top with crushed cookies.
|Calories400Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.