This recipe proves a common point among experienced home cooks and hosts: Don't overthink dessert. As long as you provide your guests with something delicious, even if it is as simple as chocolate and dried fruit, your dinner party will end on a positive note. Here, condensed milk (every home baker's best friend) and instant coffee match up with whipped cream for a no-brainer "pudding." Serve it chilled, topped with nuts, chocolate chips, or a sprinkling of cinnamon.
- Add the condensed milk and coffee to a bowl, stir well.
- Separately, whisk the cream until fluffy and smooth.
- Then fold the cream into the condensed milk.
- Distribute evenly in 4 individual bowls and refrigerate.
- Garnish to taste with hazelnuts or chocolate chips.