Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- In a medium saucepan, whisk the egg yolks and 3/4 cup of the maple syrup until combined. Place over medium heat on the stove; stir in the half and half and heavy cream. Continue whisking 10 to 15 minutes until a smooth custard forms that is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat; stir in the salt, then strain the custard into a bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Meanwhile, make the candied bacon: Heat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil, then place the bacon in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes until nearly done and crispy. Drain the fat, then pour the remaining 1/2 cup maple syrup over the bacon; flip over the bacon to coat in the syrup. Reduce the oven temperature to 375°F and bake the bacon another 20 minutes until cooked through and crispy. Transfer the cooked bacon to a parchment paper-lined plate to cool completely. Once fully cooled, chop the bacon into small pieces.
- When the custard is fully chilled, pour it into your KitchenAid® Ice Cream Maker Attachment and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Stir in the bacon pieces and toasted walnuts, then transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container. Cover tightly and freeze at least 4 hours before serving.
|Calories560Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat360|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.