Lucky Leprechaun Snack Mix
This snack mix is both sweet and salty, combining all kinds of crunchy textures and a smattering of festive green candies and sprinkles. It makes a lot, so you’ll want to share some with neighbors or classmates and store it in zip-top bags to keep it fresh. (You can also easily cut the recipe in half.) Though you can use whatever decor you like, you can find the Lucky Charms cereal online or at a grocery store, the green M&Ms online or at a local party store, and the St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles online too (or use regular green sprinkles). White candy coating melting wafers are also available online, but you could go with chopped white chocolate bars such as Lindt instead. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Ashley Strickland Freeman.
- Separate Lucky Charms cereal and marshmallows. You should have 4 cups cereal and 2 cups marshmallows (save any extra for other uses). Set marshmallows aside.
- Grease a 12- by 18-inch sheet pan (or 2 smaller sheet pans) with shortening. Stir together Lucky Charms oat cereal, Rice Chex, Bugles, pretzels, and peanuts on the prepared sheet pan. Tear off several large sheets of waxed paper about 12x20 inches and arrange on a work surface.
- Place white candy wafers and shortening in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power until melted, stirring every 30 seconds, 1 ½-2 minutes total. Pour melted candy over the mix and gently stir to coat all of the pieces.
- Spread mix in an even layer over the waxed paper. Scatter with sprinkles while still wet. Let stand until hardened, about 20 minutes.
- Break mix into pieces and add Lucky Charms marshmallows and M&Ms. Store in zip-top bags or an airtight container until ready to serve, up to 1 week.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories400Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.