For all the lemon lovers in your life, these classic bars are the best there is.
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 3/4 cups granulated sugar (divided)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour (divided)
- 1 teaspoon salt (scant)
- 6 eggs
- 3 lemons (large)
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- powdered sugar (dusting)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9x13” baking pan with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
- To make the crust, place the softened butter, 1/2 cup sugar, vanilla, and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine (or use an electric hand mixer). Add 2 cups flour and continue whisking until a soft dough forms. Transfer the dough to the baking pan.
|Calories370Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Maria Beltran a month ago
not bad. I had to make it gluten free so i used a gluten free cake mix.
Colton a month ago
Edges were a bit overcooked but other than that they were great.
Kiara 2 months ago
I work for Yummly, but I wanted to make this recipe for my family because we have a lemon tree with some fresh lemons that needed to be put to use. This recipe was really delicious and is such a refreshing treat! I cooked mine for 35 minutes when the toothpick came out completely clean, but the sides were a bit on the brown side (it didn’t taste burnt though). I would recommend pulling the lemon bars out of the oven at 30 minutes when the toothpick inserted in the middle is almost clean to avoid the browning on the edges. The lemon flavor in this recipe is strong , but they’re lemon bars so I expected them to taste really lemony. We personally really enjoyed them and can’t wait to make them again! 😋 would recommend!
Nick 3 months ago
It was a little burnt on the sides and I used 32 minutes, but the center wasn’t super clean on the pick. Great flavor
Emoji Emotions 3 months ago
Pretty good, real lemon taste
cake and bake 3 months ago
These lemon bars were the best thing i ever tasted. So good!
Emilie 3 months ago
Wow! These bars are fabulous - lemony tangy sweet, a great buttery crust, and no heavy eggy taste (which has turned me off of other homemade lemon bars). This is a great recipe!!
Rahema Sohail 3 months ago
it was a bit too lemony but was still good
Mary 4 months ago
Great! A little heavy on the sugar side so I may cut the sugar for the crust in halve
VR 4 months ago
Tasty and easy to make. The powdered sugar helps cover up the craters with are inevitable in lemon bars and gives a nice add of sweetness
Rivers 4 months ago
I loved it crust a bit thick but great
Kishore 4 months ago
so delicious and easy to follow