A nourishing soup of blended vegetables that would make a perfect supper along with a toasted baguette and cheese. Top with kale chips for a bit of added interest when serving. Uses KitchenAid® K150 Blender.
- Special Equipment: large saucepan with lid
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the onion and break it apart with a spatula; and, add garlic, carrot, salt, pepper, whole lemon quarter and stir briefly. Cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until the onions are softened and garlic is fragrant, about 4 minutes.
- Uncover, add the white beans and chicken or vegetable broth. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Adjust the heat to medium, re-cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are tender when pierced with a fork and soft enough to purée, about 8-10 minutes. Add the kale leaves, cover, and cook for another 3 minutes longer. Remove from the heat, stir in the cream cheese (or sour cream), and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Working in batches, blend the soup on speed 3 to a smooth purée. Serve immediately, or cool and refrigerate in a covered container. (The soup will keep for up to 3 days. If the soup is too thick when re-warmed, add a little water or broth to thin it.)
|Calories240Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.