“Yes! I’m so glad all my produce is the exact same shape and size, they taste better that way,” said no one ever. Produce can be wonky and misshapen, just like people, but we can’t stop loving them because of slight imperfections, same goes for people. This recipe uses whatever veg you have on hand, or whatever veg you got in your recent Imperfect Foods box. Sure, there are traditional ingredients that go into an authentic yakisoba, but that’s no fun and we are far from traditional. We trick it up, use what we have, and rock out this veg forward yakisoba in a matter of minutes.
- Party in the pan - Place a large pan or wok over super high heat. Grab a box grater and grate the potato and add it to the pan. Then slice up your onion into thin strips and add to the pan. Rinse your celery, thinly slice, and add to the pan. Toss the mixture and drizzle with a bit of veg oil. Chop your garlic really fine. As you chop, sprinkle with salt and continue to chop, this helps break down the chunks. Add the garlic to the pan. Grate your carrot, roughly chop the cabbage, and add them both to the pan.
- Get sauced - Grab a bowl to make the sauce. Combine sriracha, oyster sauce, balsamic, soy sauce, and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Noodling - Tear up your yakisoba noodles and add them to your pan with all the vegetables. Give it all a good stir and continue to saute’. Run over to the sink and get a palmful of water and throw it on the noodles to help steam them. Add your sauce to the pan and stir. Add your sesame seeds, if you’re using them. Season with salt.
- Plate! Get your plate! Dump some yakisoba onto your plate, shake the plate to spread it out, and top with additional sesame seeds. Imperfectly perfect!
- Hot Tip! Don’t cry - If you put a wet towel in your mouth when cutting onions, you’ll look ridiculous but you won’t cry, the towel captures all the vapors before they get to your eyes.
|Calories360Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.