This Thanksgiving, get a jump-start on the big meal with a frozen make-ahead twist on classic pumpkin pie. It's like a combo of cookies, ice cream, and pie, all rolled into one. For easy slicing, remove it from the freezer 20 minutes before you're ready to serve. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Stephanie Spencer.
- 11 oz. gingersnap cookies (like Nabisco, 11 oz. is 40 cookies)
- 6 Tbsp. salted butter (melted, for topping)
- salted butter (softened, for pan)
- all purpose flour
- 1 pt. heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 3/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 dash salt
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin (unsweetened)
- caramel sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Set aside four whole gingersnaps for garnish. Process the remaining cookies in the bowl of a food processor until fine crumbs form, about 1 minute. Pour crumbs into a medium bowl and stir in the melted butter until evenly combined. Pulse the reserved gingersnaps in food processor to crush, then set aside in a small covered container for serving.
- Generously butter a 9-inch pie pan. Dust with flour, shaking out any excess. Pour the crumb mixture into the pie pan and press along the bottom and sides to form an even crust.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories440Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat250|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes