Easy Sausage and Egg Breakfast BurritoJIMMY DEAN
Every few years there seems to be a new go-to breakfast. Egg, cheese and veggie omelets used to fit the bill. But these days, the breakfast burrito is all the rage. It offers all the delicious staples found in an omelet (egg, cheese, and sausage), but you don’t need to have kitchen skills to make a burrito…
The key ingredient for this easy sausage and egg breakfast burrito is the rich, smoky sausage. We suggest using Jimmy Dean® Original Sausage Crumbles, made with the same premium cuts of pork and unique blend of spices used in Jimmy Dean® All-Natural Regular Pork Sausage, but with less prep work. Ready-to-eat sausage crumbles go straight from the package to the skillet where you will combine and heat the sausage, vegetables and scrambled eggs. Then simply scoop the burrito filling onto two soft tortillas.
This breakfast burrito is so easy to make and tastes so delicious, you’ll probably find yourself craving it more than once a week. So it’s not a bad idea to explore some easy recipe tweaks. For example, one morning, try using Jimmy Dean® Turkey Sausage Crumbles and then next, rotate again by using Jimmy Dean’s® Meat Lovers crumbles with bacon and sausage. Finally, don’t forget to top the egg and sausage filling with sour cream and avocado, or a dash of hot sauce if you like a little heat in the a.m.
- Cook and stir sausage, green pepper and onion in medium nonstick skillet over MEDIUM heat 5-6 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly heated and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add eggs; cook and stir 3minutes or until set.
- Spoon half of the egg mixture down center of each tortilla; top with half each of the cheese and salsa. Fold in opposite sides of each tortilla, then roll up.
- Serve with sour cream and avocado, if desired.
|Calories160Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.