Homemade lasagna on a weeknight? It’s possible! Thanks to frozen ravioli (that you don’t have to precook) and a bag of frozen spinach (which thaws much faster than frozen blocks), this luscious layered pasta dish clocks in at minimal time. This version is vegetarian, but feel free to change it up by adding browned sausage or ground beef to the marinara sauce. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Ashley Strickland Freeman.
- Preheat oven to 400°F with a rack set in center. Coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Stir together ricotta, thawed spinach, egg, pesto, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir together cheeses in a separate bowl.
- Spread about ½ cup marinara in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Arrange one-third of the ravioli (about 24) over sauce in a single layer. Top with one-third of the ricotta mixture (dollop it on in small spoonfuls), one-third of the remaining marinara sauce, and one-third of the cheese. Repeat the layers two more times.
- Coat one side of a piece of aluminum foil big enough to cover baking dish with cooking spray so the cheese won’t stick. Cover baking dish with foil, oiled side down.
- Bake lasagna for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake until cheese is browned and the sauce is bubbly, 25-30 more minutes. Top with basil leaves before serving.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories350Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes