Step aside, candy thermometer — there’s no need for one with this simple recipe. The soft and rich chocolate fudge gets its texture from a combination of sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips. Enjoy its simple perfection, or consider it a springboard for creating your own variations. Try topping the fudge with your favorite candies, nuts, or crushed cookies. Note that the prep time here is only 15 minutes — the rest of the time, you’ll be eagerly waiting for the fudge to set up! The recipe, which makes 1 ¾ pounds, is a Yummly original created by Ashley Strickland Freeman.
- Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper or waxed paper, letting about 2 inches extend beyond two sides of the pan to use as handles.
- Stir together sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, butter, and salt in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour chocolate mixture into prepared pan and smooth with an offset spatula or rubber scraper into an even layer. Let stand at room temperature until fudge is firm enough to hold its shape when cut, about 2 1/2 hours.
- Lift parchment paper and fudge from pan, then cut fudge into 1- to 1 1/2-inch squares. Serve, or chill airtight up to 3 days; bring to room temperature to serve.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories90Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.