I've been craving Chinese food for a while, but did not have the time or the inspiration to do any complicated cooking, so this was redemption-time for my tummy.
It is funny, once I get into it... I can't stop! You'll see what I mean with the following recipes.
These dumplings are ridiculously-delicious. I made a batch of beef and a batch of shrimp. This are the perfect meal-started/appetizer, do not forget how good these are in a dumpling-soup.
This recipe yields about 20-25 dumplings of each feeling…
For more information please visit: www.myroundtablenosquaredishes.com
- Directions for the dough: Mix ingredients together and knead until it forms an homogenous dough. Set in a bowl and cover with a dampt cloth, let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Directions for the beef filling: Mix all together cover and set in the fridge until ready to assembel.
- Directions for the shrimp filling: Mix all together cover and set in the fridge until ready to assembel.
- Directions for the dipping sauce: Combine all ingredients and serve in a bowl
- Assembling: Dust a surface with flour. Knead and with a rolling pin roll out the dough until almost paper-thin. Cut 4 cm diameter rounds. Place either filling and bring ends together. Press the edges firmly so it stays sealed. Steam for 6 minutes and then you can sear them in a teflon pan with a bit of oil. Serve warm.