Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold the puff pastry sheets and cut into four 4 x 2 inch rectangles. Cut the remaining pastry into eight 4 inch long strips and eight 1 inch long strips. Beat the egg yolks with a splash of water and use to attach the strips to the rectangles to give each one a raised pastry border. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment and chill in the fridge for 10 mins. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Brush just the tops, not the sides, of the chilled pastries with the rest of the egg and bake for 10 mins until risen and golden.
- To make the pie filling, Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan and sauté the mushrooms over medium heat for 5 mins. Remove and set aside.
- Add another tbsp of oil to the pan and sauté the cubed chicken until browned all over and just cooked through. Remove and set aside with the mushrooms. Drain off any excess oil from the pan. Add the butter to the pan and heat until melted then stir in the flour. Cook for 1 min then gradually stir in the white wine, stock and milk. Slowly bring to a boil, whisking all the time, until thickened. Add the peas and simmer for 5 mins then return the chicken and mushrooms to the pan and simmer for 5-6 mins. Stir in the cayenne pepper and lemon juice and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon the chicken ragout into the hot pastry cases and serve immediately with mixed greens, dressed with vinaigrette. Garnish with crushed pink peppercorns, if desired.
|Calories410Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.