- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 thai chiles (very thinly sliced)
- 4 1/2 ounces palm sugar (or 2/3 cup, 5 oz./155 g firmly packed brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup tamarind paste
- 6 tablespoons asian fish sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 7 ounces pad thai noodles
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 3 eggs
- 5 ounces extra firm tofu (julienned)
- 2 carrots (peeled and julienned)
- 4 ounces bean sprouts
- 2 green onions (white and light green portions, sliced)
- cilantro leaves
- roasted peanuts
- lime wedges
|Calories340Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Lisy i. a month ago
This is a great recipe! Turned out way better than last time I tried to use tamarind paste. My sauce was very thick and concentrated so I needed to add water to get it to mix in. I used Farm Boy vegan chicken nuggets instead of shrimp. Next time I'll add another chili pepper.
Bareiss 5 months ago
Sweet hot delicious. Easy once the prep work is done
Frances G. 6 months ago
turned out better than most pad thai that i have had in restaurants. i think second time making it will be easier for me. i left out tofu. added red peppers
maggie kerr-southin 7 months ago
Excellent I only used one chili, but it needed two.
Kane Quarrell 8 months ago
Loved it. Instead of tofu I used chicken thigh fillets. Turned out a treat 👍
Dana 8 months ago
This recipe is easy to make and soooo tasty! I cannot believe that I am able to make authentic pad Thai! No need to visit my local Thai restaurant anymore.
Shannon Blackmore a year ago
Simple and very tasty
Insung H. a year ago
good i love it easy and quick
Andrii Shapovalov a year ago
made it with spagetti. put less sugar in. very tasty!
Jamie a year ago
I really loved it, however, I couldn’t find all of the ingredients it called for in the store so I had to buy a packaged sauce, which turned out fine. I could live without the tofu too. I added some chili garlic sauce to add a kick for those who like it spicy!
Cano a year ago
amazing! very flavorful, easy and quick