Canned pumpkin makes these dense, chocolate chip-studded brownies extra moist, and pumpkin pie spice guarantees they’ll earn a regular spot on your fall baking rotation. The brownies keep nicely in the refrigerator, but for the easiest slicing, cut them in squares before chilling, while the chocolate chips are still a little soft. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Stephanie Spencer.
- nonstick cooking spray (or melted butter)
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup salted butter (softened, divided; 3/4 cup is 12 Tbsp.)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (divided)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (plus 1 Tbsp. for frosting)
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract (divided)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F with a rack set in the center. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Coarsely chop bittersweet chocolate. Put chopped chocolate and 1/4 cup butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave them, stirring every 20 seconds, until butter is melted, 40-60 seconds total. Let cool 5 minutes.
- In a second medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, the baking powder, and salt to blend.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories210Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes