- 6 cups reduced sodium vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter (chopped)
- 1 red onion (medium, thinly sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives (pitted mixed, halved)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (drained, halved)
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, drained (jarred, and cut into thick strips)
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 4 ounces baby spinach leaves
- Place stock in a medium saucepan on high heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until ready to use. Heat oil and butter in a medium saucepan on medium heat until foaming. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir for 5 mins or until soft. Add rice and oregano; cook and stir for 1 min. Reduce heat to low.
- Add a ladleful of hot stock to rice mixture; stir constantly until liquid is absorbed. Continue to add stock, 1 ladleful at a time, stirring constantly until liquid is absorbed before adding more (this will take about 20 mins; mixture will be wet).
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Stir olives, tomatoes and peppers into risotto. Spoon into a 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake, covered, for 15 mins. Remove from oven; stir in mozzarella cheese and spinach. Bake, uncovered, for 5 mins or until rice is tender but firm and golden brown and bubbly.
|Calories270Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.