Once in a while you will find a recipe that stands the test of time for decadence and pure bliss. This recipe for Asian Vegetable Soup is one to keep on hand for any holiday, special occasion or celebration. With the richness and delicious taste, this recipe is full of flavor. it is a little bit of heaven in each bite. The hardest part of this delicious recipe, is deciding who will get to enjoy the other corners with you. Make a batch this weekend.
- Cut vegetables into julienne strips except the green onion, which should be cut into rings and set aside till the end. Saute vegetables in a wok with a little sweet oil.
- Add the mushrooms (which have been previously hydrated), sliced ginger, and some peeled prawns.
- Add 1 liter of water and bring to a boil.
- Add a splash of mirin (sweet sake), fish sauce, and soy sauce. Season with salt as desired, and add the noodles. Let boil for three minutes and serve.
- To serve, garnish with a bit of green onion, cilantro, and chili.