Vegan Dulce De Leche Cupcakes with a Sprinkle of SaltDUNCAN HINES BRAND
Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Prepare Dulce De Leche by whisking coconut milk, sugar, and coarse salt in heavy large skillet over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium-high and boil until mixture is reduced to 1 1/4 cups, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes. Transfer sauce to small jars. Cool completely, then cover sauce and chill. The Dulce De Leche will be divided as you will need 1/3 Cup for the Cake Batter, 1/3 cup for the frosting and the rest for drizzling over the top. If you have leftovers, save it for another use, it is wonderful in coffee!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake by sifting cake mix, flour and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Add the rest of the cake ingredients and mix by hand until just blended. Pour mix into paper lined muffin tins about 2/3 full. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Prepare frosting by creaming together the shortening and powdered sugar on a low setting using an electris mixer. Add milk, salt, and vanilla, beat on a medium speed until smooth with no lumps. Scrape down the sides of bowl and add the prepared Dulce De Leche and beat until well incorporated. Frost cooled cupcakes using knife or pastry bag and tip.
- Drizzle Dulce De Leche over the frosting and sprinkle with some coarse Sea Salt.
|Calories460Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.