Super Chocolate CakeMARCIASNYDER90110
This is a 'snatch' recipe from a coworker years ago; snatch because she always made it so good and I had to have the recipe so I snatched it from her list of goodies. (She knew about it so don't fear that I stole it lol). This IS one of my most requested cakes and I hope you enjoy it as well as they do! Very easy!
- Preheat oven to 350*; spray a 13x9 pan with non stick spray. Make cake according to recipe on the box except (and please do t skip this) - sift the cake mix before adding in the other ingredients! This makes a big difference in the mouth feel and texture of the cake. Do this for all box cake recipes.
- Pour cake mix in greased pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. Bring cake out when done and let it sit for 10 minutes in the pan. Take the butt of a round utensil (knife or fork) and poke holes in the cake (be careful not go all the way down to the bottom). Pour entire can of milk over the holes. Cover with plastic or parchment paper loosely and set in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Bring out and pour at least 3/4 of the caramel topping over entire cake. Generously sprinkle half of the bits over caramel; using an offset spatula dig out all of the whipped topping and plop it onto the cake. Spread the cool whip evenly over the cake without lifting it up (this prevents any candy crumbs mixing in the pure white prettiness of the topping).
- Swirl the topping around to make it look cloud like the sprinkle the rest of the bits on top of that for garnish. Refrigerate for up to 4 hours before serving. ENJOY!
|Calories330Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.