Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a 9 x 10 inch cake frame on top. Beat the egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar until fluffy. In a separate bowl, beat the 8 egg whites until stiff peaks form, gradually adding 1/4 cup sugar. In a third bowl, sift the flour and cornstarch together and stir in the pistachios. Using a spatula, fold the egg yolks and whites into the flour in alternating batches.
- Spoon half the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle and pipe the mixture in close lines inside the cake frame. Bake for 15 mins, until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack and remove from the frame. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- In a saucepan, bring the milk and vanilla pod to a boil. Add the rice and 1/2 cup sugar and simmer, stirring, for 30 mins, until you have a thick rice pudding. Remove the vanilla pod and stir in the mango purée and passion fruit juice. Dissolve the gelatin in the rice pudding. Pour into a bowl and chill.
- Place 1 cake on a cake plate with the cake frame around it and arrange the strawberries close together and pointing upwards on top. Once the rice pudding begins to gel, fold in the whipped cream. Spoon over the strawberries and smooth out. Place the second cake on top and press down gently. Chill for 3 hours, until the rice cream is solidified. Remove the cake frame.
- Beat 3 egg whites until stiff peaks form, gradually adding 3/4 cup sugar. Keep beating until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is glossy. Spoon into a pastry bag fitted with a plain nozzle and pipe in lines on top of the cake. Turn the cake by 90° and pipe lines in the other direction to form a grid pattern. Brown the meringue with a cook’s blowtorch (or under the broiler). Cut into 24 pieces.
|Calories200Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.