- 1/4 cup pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup self rising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound full fat cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons powdered gelatin
- 2 tablespoons ice water
- butterscotch sauce
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 1/2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease and line an 8 inch square cake pan.
- For the sticky date crust, combine dates, 1/4 cup water and baking soda. Set aside for 5 mins then transfer to a food processor. Add sugar and butter. Process until smooth. Add flour and eggs. Process until just combined. Transfer to prepared pan, smooth top and bake for 15-20 mins, until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan then chill for 30 mins.
- For the cheesecake, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add cream and beat until combined. Mix 1/4 cup cheesecake batter with bloomed gelatin. Gently heat until gelatin melts. Combine with main cream cheese mixture then transfer to prepared pan. Chill for 3 hours, or overnight, until firm. Cut into 16 squares.
- For the butterscotch sauce, combine sugar, cream and butter. Stir over low heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 mins, until sauce thickens.
- Serve sticky date cheesecake drizzled with butterscotch sauce.
|Calories330Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.