New-wave pizzerias in New York City and other dining destinations have been offering pizzas with all sorts of "green" toppings for years, borrowing from traditional Neopolitan pies of yore. This version has tomato sauce, wilted spinach, pine nuts, and three types of cheese: mozzarella, parmesan, and fresh goat cheese. Ask your favorite pizza place for a pound of dough; they're usually more than happy to sell it to aspiring home pizza makers.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Begin by cooking the spinach for 3 minutes in plenty of boiling, salted water. Once done, drain, and set aside.
- Set a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet and place the pizza dough on top. Cover with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Then add a layer of spinach, goat cheese, pine nuts, and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until the crust is golden and crunchy.