Slow Cooker Italian Chicken SandwichesJIMANTHONY63027
Slow Cooker Italian Chicken Sandwiches is a delicious, nutritious and easy recipe. It’s a low calories, low fat, low carbohydrates, low cholesterol, low sodium, low sugars, heart-healthy, diabetic friendly and Weight Watchers (7) Points+ recipe. Ingredients include: boneless, skinless chicken breasts, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, squash and bell peppers, and cheese on sliced focaccia bread for a delicious sandwich. Slow cooker Italian Chicken Sandwiches will be loved by your family, friends and guests. Makes 8 Sandwiches. Source: http://ww-recipes.org/2013/03/30/slow-cooker-italian-chicken-sandwiches/
- In a small bowl, combine the Italian seasoning and black pepper. Using your fingers, rub spice mixture into all sides of chicken.
- In a 3-1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker, combine chicken, onion, mushrooms and garlic. Pour undrained tomatoes and vinegar over mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW 4 to 5 hours or HIGH 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
- If using LOW heat setting, turn to HIGH. Add in the squash and bell pepper. Cover; cook for 30 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and pesto. Spread evenly over cut sides of flatbread. Transfer chicken to a cutting board. Thinly slice chicken. Arrange chicken slices on bottom half of bread. Using a slotted spoon, spoon vegetable mixture over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Add top half of bread. Cut into wedges. Cut sandwich into 8 equal sized servings.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories170Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.