Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- In a medium bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, pineapple juice, ginger, and sesame oil. Arrange the ribs in a slow cooker and pour half of the sauce mixture over the ribs. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours, until the ribs are very tender. Set the remaining sauce aside in the refrigerator.
- About 1/2 hour before the ribs are done, remove the sauce from the refrigerator, to bring it to room temperature.
- Arrange the ribs on plates or a platter and brush both sides with some of the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with the scallions and sesame seeds, if using. Serve the rest of the remaining sauce at the table.
- Serves 6 (4 ribs per serving)
- * You can find hoisin sauce and sesame oil in the ethnic or Asian section of most major supermarkets.
Judy Pritzl Seifert 4 days ago
My sister made this recipe first and absolutely raved about it! So I gave it a try and have to say they are delicious!! I have made them for family several times and they always turn out great! I am not a huge fan of fresh ginger, so I used 1 teaspoon of Ground Ginger, but that is totally up to your taste. Amazing recipe! Thanks for sharing!
Kim Taylor Valine 2 years ago
These ribs were amazing. After I put the remaining sauce over them I broiled for 5 mins to give them a bit of crunch. I will definitely make this again!