If you only eat Buffalo chicken wings for the Buffalo sauce, then we’re guessing you didn’t know that you could just make a really easy Buffalo chicken dip recipe. And the best part? You can make this dip in a slow cooker, which means your prep time is a barely-there five minutes…
What’s so great is that you add chicken to this recipe, and then use the finished sauce as a dip for tortilla chips, veggies or French fries.
After cooking all the ingredients together (except for cream cheese and mozzarella) for up to eight hours in the slow cooker, you’ll shred the fully cooked boneless skinless chicken breast portions. The dip will be really hot so be sure to use a fork and tongs.
This Buffalo chicken dip is one of the easiest appetizers to make for your next family get together or a backyard bash. And if you don’t spend a lot of time in the kitchen, then you can rest easy knowing that this recipe is almost impossible to get wrong.
Here are some other cool tips you should know. Not keen on the whole chicken-shredding step? Maybe Tyson® boneless skinless chicken thigh strips are better for your buffalo dip recipe? Just toss these chicken strips in the slow cooker pot along with the other ingredients and then just serve. No shredding necessary! Or, what about cooking chicken wings right in the pot with your Buffalo chicken dip?
- Heat your slow cooker (2-4 quart) on low and pour all ingredients inside minus cream cheese and mozzarella.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- In the sauce, gently pull apart the chicken breasts using either two forks or tongs into shredded pieces.
- Stir in cream cheese until melted and top with mozzarella.
- Enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips.
|Calories240Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.