These rich and buttery Shortbread Cookies are so fun! Simple enough that the kids can help, and so delicious too…
Recipe found here: http://www.somewhatsimple.com/valentine-shortbread-cookies/
- In a medium bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter, sugar, and honey until light and fluffy. Add the flour and salt and mix to combine. Gently stir in the sprinkles. (Your dough should be about the consistency of sugar cookie dough.)
- Shape the dough into a log that is approximately 1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter and wrap in plastic wrap or parchment. Using a cookbook and the counter, flatten two sides of the dough, then flip the dough and flatten the other two sides to form a square shape. Freeze the dough for 30 minutes (or refrigerate for 2+ hours).
- When the dough has chilled, preheat the oven to 325. Slice the dough into 1/4 inch thick squares, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment or sprayed with cooking spray, placing one inch apart. Bake 15-20 minutes, or until lightly golden on the bottom. Remove and let cool.
- When the cookies have cooled, heat the chocolate in the microwave on 50% power for 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth. Pour the chocolate into a ziplock bag or piping bag. Snip off a small piece from the corner of the bag, and drizzle the chocolate over the shortbread cookies. Let cool completely before serving.
|Calories830Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.