Provencal Stuffed VegetablesCASSEROLES ET CLAVIERS
Zucchini are the perfect vegetable to stuff with a variety of ingredients. In this recipe, lean chicken breast and smoky ham are paired with rice, peppers, and garlic for an incredibly flavorful meal. Eggs act as a binder and add a little bit of extra protein, while thyme makes for a delicious finishing touch.
- In the mixer bowl or chopper, finely chop the chicken with the ham, parsley, garlic, and onion (do in batches if necessary). Pour the mixture into a bowl, add the eggs, and thyme leaves. Add salt and pepper. Keep the stuffing in a cool place while you prepare vegetables.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place in large quantity of boiling water for 5 minutes. Refresh in cold water and cut in half lengthwise. With a spoon, dig out the zucchini halves to remove the seeds and make a "trench". Do not dig too much. Divide the stuffing between the zucchini and place in a baking dish.
- With a knife, cut a "hat" off the top of the tomatoes. Remove the seeds and dig gently. Arrange the dug tomatoes head down on a plate to drain. Before filling, add a teaspoon of raw rice on the bottom, then stuff them. The rice will cook absorbing the excess moisture. Replace each hat on its tomato. Arrange the tomatoes in a baking dish. Using a knife, cut a "hat" off top of the peppers. Remove the seeds and the white membranes from each pepper. Stuff them and put the hat back on each pepper. Arrange the peppers in a baking dish.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Serve with white rice or a green salad.
|Calories320Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.