Pork Sausage Pancakes with Maple Bacon SyrupFARMERJOHN
Get a forkful of all your morning favorites with this sweet and savory pancake made with FARMER JOHN® Original Sausage Links then drizzled with a buttery maple syrup that’s speckled with FARMER JOHN® Thick Cut Bacon. Now that’s a good morning!
- For Maple Bacon Syrup: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheet with tinfoil and place strips of FARMER JOHN® Thick Cut Bacon on sheet in a single layer. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until brown and crispy. Remove from oven and place on paper towel-lined plate to let cool. Once cool, finely chop and set aside. In sauce pan, over medium heat, add butter, maple syrup, and cayenne. Let butter melt, whisk to combine and bring to a boil. Reduce to lowest heat, add bacon, and let simmer while preparing pancakes.
- For Pork Sausage Pancakes: Place sausages in large frying pan with 2-3 tablespoons of water and cook, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Turn to brown all sides and continue cooking, uncovered for another 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from heat and place on paper towel-lined plate to let cool. Once cool, chop into small pieces and set aside.
- In large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Whisk to thoroughly combine and set aside. In separate bowl, (I used an electric mixer) beat eggs and milk together until combined, about 1 minute. Add oil in a slow stream while mixing and beat until smooth and combined. Fold in sausage pieces.
- Preheat skillet or griddle over medium-high heat and coat with butter or oil. Spoon batter using a 1/3 cup or 1/2 cup, depending on how large you want your pancakes. Cook over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes or until bubbles begin to pop. Flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until edges lift and pancake is just beginning to brown. If batter become too thick, thin with milk, 1 tablespoon at a time. NOTE: These will be light in color. Do not cook until brown or they will be burned.
- Serve these pipping hot, drenched in maple bacon syrup and don’t forget to share with friends who appreciate finding new, delicious ways to enjoy pork!
|Calories950Calories from Fat430|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat430|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.