Pickled Peach and Black Beluga Lentil ToastsCHRISTYBRISSETTE82227
Protein-packed black beluga lentils are tossed with herbs, then spooned on crispy toasts topped with crème fraîche and pickled peaches to create this eye-appealing starter course.
- For the Pickled Peach, bring vinegar, sugar and mustard seed to simmer in small saucepan on medium heat. Reduce heat to low; cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes to cool. Pour over chopped peach in small bowl; toss gently to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour or until chilled.
- Meanwhile, for the Lentil Toasts, rinse and drain lentils. Place lentils, water and sea salt in small saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and uncover. Cool to room temperature in remaining liquid. Drain.
- Mix drained lentils, oil, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the chives and thyme in medium bowl until blended. To serve, spread about 1 tsp (5 mL) crème fraîche on toasted baguette slice. Top with about 1 tbsp (15 mL) lentil mixture and 1 tsp (5 mL) Pickled Peach. Garnish with remaining chives.
- Test Kitchen Tip: Black beluga lentils are small, shiny black when cooked - resembling caviar. They have a mild, earthy flavour and soft texture. They are most commonly found dried in natural food stores, the organic section of some supermarkets or online specialty stores.
|Calories450Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.