Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and flour an 8-inch round cake pan.
- Place butter, sugar and milk in a large saucepan on medium heat. Stir for 2-3 mins until melted and combined.
- Sift flour, cocoa and soda together into the saucepan (or bowl if using a microwave). Stir in ground almonds, eggs and rum extract until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-60 mins until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 mins. Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the ganache, place chocolate and cream in a small saucepan on low heat. Stir for 2-3 mins until melted and smooth. Transfer to a small bowl. Cool until ganache thickens slightly. Spread over cooled cake. Serve in wedges with whipped cream, if desired.