Mississippi Pot Roast in the ovenSIDSEAPALMCOOKING
A friend had told me about this great roast she'd made and when I searched for it, I found several variations online. I don't use a lot of salt so the recipe as written was too salty for us. So I modified it. I also cook mine in the oven, because I like it that way.
- Place the roast in an oven safe dish, one which has a tight fitting lid.
- Mix the ranch dressing and the au jus gravy mix together and sprinkle over the roast.
- Place the Pepperoncini's on top.
- Then add the butter slices evenly over the top of the roast and place the lid on top. I like to put a sheet of aluminum foil over the top and then the lid.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 3 hours and remove from oven. There will be a lot of liquid in the bottom. Use that to make the gravy. Add a slurry of flour and water to the liquid to thicken. Serve with mashed potatoes.