Mexican Chocolate Caramel ApplesYUMMLY
Medjool dates are the secret ingredient in this recipe. They’re larger and softer than the common grocery store Deglet Noor variety and have an especially rich flavor. Once the dates are blended with almond milk, vanilla, and a hint of salt, you’ll have a terrific caramel alternative that’s dairy-free. Be sure the apples are rinsed and dried well before coating so the “caramel” will stick. The recipe and photo are Yummly originals created by Ashley Strickland Freeman.
- Put almond milk, dates, vanilla, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Process until mixture is very smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes, stopping to scrape down the bowl as needed.
- Remove stems from apples and insert a cinnamon stick into each apple. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread date mixture all over apples and set them on the lined baking sheet.
- Place chocolate in a wide, deep, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave until chocolate is melted, another 30 seconds, stirring until smooth.
- Put pumpkin seeds and almonds in a separate bowl. Coat apples in melted chocolate, sprinkle with cinnamon, and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and almonds. Return apples to parchment paper. Let stand until chocolate has set, about 1 hour.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories770Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.