Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease and line an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper, extending paper at long sides for handles.
- Beat 9 tbsp of the butter and 3/4 cup of the granulated sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until pale and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in 3/4 cup of the flour, self-rising flour, milk, half the grated lemon peel and the lemon juice until just combined. Spoon into prepared pan; smooth top with a spatula.
- Place remaining 2 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp flour, remaining lemon peel and the almonds in a medium bowl. Using fingertips, rub in remaining 3 tbsp butter to make coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over top of cake.
- Bake for 50-55 mins or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 5 mins. Remove from pan; cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar.
|Calories360Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Liz allcote 2 years ago
I’ve just made this cake, and from the start I wondered why there were 2 different flours used, plain AND SR flour but no baking powder added so unfortunately it has come out half the size of the picture, and I don’t like the topping, I think a nice lemon icing drizzled over it would of been better, never mind, it’ll still get eaten with a nice cup of tea.
Marie I. 2 years ago
I made this cake last night and it didn't come out like the picture that is shown with the reciepe . My daughter said it didn't have any taste .My grandaughter said it wasn't too bad . I was surprised that it didn't ask for baking powder or baking soda .The cake came out no even 2 inches high. I would give it a 2 star rating.
jo s. 3 years ago
I made two loaves last month subbing grapefruit zest and fresh juice but didn't make the topping. Also added a capful of this gourmet orange extract I have and frosted one with easy buttercream frosting to which I added a little of this extract I think I got from Cook's Catalogue before they folded. the flavor is vanilla butternut. the cakes were delicious!