Leg of Lamb with Stewed Beans and Roasted VegetablesRECIPESPLUS
Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Mix 3 tbsp of olive oil with the onion, minced garlic, rosemary, dried oregano, thyme, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Rub the mixture all over the lamb, cover and refrigerate it over night.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Remove lamb from the marinade and set marinade aside. Heat the vegetable oil in a roasting pan and sear lamb on all sides. Pour the marinade back over the meat and roast it for about 1 3/4 hours. Check periodically, adding a bit of stock to the bottom of the pan so that vegetables don't burn. When done, a thermometer inserted into the meatiest part of the roast will read 130°F for medium-rare.
- Take the lamb out of the oven and pour the cooking juices through a fine sieve into a saucepan. Add the wine and cream, and bring to a boil. Mix the cornstarch with a little water and add it to the sauce. Bring back to a boil and season to taste.
- Heat 3 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the shallots and halved garlic for 8-10 mins over a medium heat. Add the beans, tomatoes and oregano and cook for another 4-5 mins, stirring regularly. Season to taste.
- Serve the lamb, vegetables and some sauce on a platter, garnished with oregano and rosemary, with the remaining sauce on the side.
|Calories870Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat370|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.