Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- First, you need to marinate your chicken. Using a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, rice wine, sugar, sesame oil and cornstarch until the cornstarch is dissolved. Place the chicken in one layer in your KitchenAid® Ceramic Nesting Casserole dish and pour the soy sauce mixture evenly over the chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight for best results, flipping the chicken just once halfway through.*
- When ready to cook, leave the chicken on your kitchen counter and start making the sauce. Using another small mixing bowl, combine the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, gochujang, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, honey, cornstarch, and Sichuan pepper. Stir together and taste, adjusting any ingredients as needed. Set aside.
- Using your KitchenAid® 7-Ply Stainless Steel with Copper Core 10″ Skillet over medium-high heat, heat the vegetable oil and after a minute or two, add in the dried chilies and stir-fry for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until the oil starts to become slightly fragrant. Add the marinated chicken and stir-fry until no longer pink, for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Next, add the scallions, bell peppers, garlic, and ginger. Mix together and stir fry for about 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in the sauce and toss together to coat. Let your Kung Pao Chicken cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through and is no longer pink. Sprinkle on and mix in the peanuts and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate, garnish with more scallions and peanuts if desired and serve with rice and enjoy!
|Calories680Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.