Lean ground beef, lots of veggies, and cannellini beans combine to make a satisfying and healthy soup that comes together fast. We added tender Swiss chard at the end for a shot of green, but you could substitute lacinato kale or spinach instead. Serve the soup sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, and offer garlic bread on the side. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Ivy Manning.
- 1 medium onion (about 1 1/2 cup chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 large carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 lb. lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes (14.5 oz. per can)
- 1 can cannellini beans (15 oz. per can)
- 1/4 crushed red pepper flakes (optional, more if desired)
- 8 oz. Swiss chard (4 cups chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. salt (or more to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. pepper (or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Chop the onion and garlic. Peel and chop the carrots, and chop the celery. Set carrots and celery aside.
- Saute the beef and onion in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring frequently to break up the meat, until beef is cooked through and onion is translucent, about 6 minutes. Add the tomato paste, garlic, and Italian seasoning and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 45 seconds.
- Add the beef broth, tomatoes, carrots, and celery to the pot. Rinse and drain the cannellini beans and stir them into pot. Bring soup to a simmer over high heat, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the chard.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories240Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes