Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Rinse the rice under cold water until the water is no longer milky in color. Place in a pan with 1 1/4 cup water and bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 mins until all the water has evaporated. Remove the pan from the heat, stir well and leave for 10 mins to allow the rice to swell. Heat the vinegar and sugar in a separate small pan. Leave until cod then stir into the rice.
- To make the ham sushi, lay 2 slices of ham, slightly overlapping, on a double thickness sheet of foil. Using clean damp hands, take 1/4 of the sticky sushi rice and spread it in an even layer over the ham leaving a 1/3 inch border. Dip the slices of avocado in the lemon juice then place half in the middle of the rice. Using the foil to help you, roll up the ham and rice to make a sushi roll. Twist the ends of the foil tightly. Repeat to make a second roll then chill both rolls in the fridge for 30 mins
- To make the ham maki, use a spoon to shape the rest of the sticky rice into 10 mounds and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cut the rest of the ham into 10 small squares. Spread one side of each square with the soft cheese and attach to the rice mounds. Blanch the chives in hot water for 1 min then drain and tie one around each rice mound. Chill for 30 mins.
- Unwrap the chilled sushi rolls and slice each one into 10 pieces. Dip the cut sides into the toasted sesame seeds. Serve on a platter with the ham maki and the soy sauce for dipping.
|Calories80Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.