Greek Chicken Rice BowlBAKEDAMBROSIA
Simple Greek Grilled Chicken Rice Bowl served with a fresh and vibrant salad and delicious tzatziki!
- For the Chicken: In a large bowl, or gallon-sized plastic zipper bag, add chicken breast pieces, olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cover, refrigerate, and let marinate for at least 1 hour or over night. When you are ready to cook the chicken, remove from marinade and place on a grill ban or rack. Broil in oven, or grill for 5 minutes on each side.
- For the Rice: Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium size saucepan. Add onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add rice and stock and bring to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat, stir the rice, cover, and let simmer according to package cooking time.
- For the Tzatziki Place the grated cucumber in a fine mesh strainer over a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and let sit for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, squeeze and drain as much water as you can out of the cucumber. In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, drained cucumber, vinegar, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the Salad: In a medium bowl, combine cucumber, tomatoes, onion slices, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper. Toss and serve.
- To assemble the dish, place rice into a bowl. Top with a piece of chicken, a scoop of tzatziki, and some salad. Enjoy!
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories560Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.