- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (finely)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2/3 cup Smucker's® Mango Jam (or any flavor Smucker's jam or preserves)
- 3 cups Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- COMBINE flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, lemon zest and salt in large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or two knives until fine crumbs form. In small bowl, whisk water and egg. Stir in vinegar. Mix into dry ingredients with fork until evenly moistened.
- ROLL out half of dough at a time on lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with 3 1/2-inch round cookie cutter. Place heaping teaspoon of jam in center of rounds. Moisten edges of dough with water. Fold in half. Seal edges by pressing closed with fork.
- HEAT oil in 3-quart saucepan to 375°F. Fry 2 or 3 empanadas at a time for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown, turning several times. Drain on paper towels. Combine 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon in shallow bowl. Roll warm empanada in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- To bake in oven, heat oven to 375°F. Place filled empanadas on cookie sheet. Brush with milk. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until light brown. Remove to wire rack to cool.
|Calories350Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.