- 33 ounces artichoke hearts (packed in water, I used Kirkland's Artichoke Hearts from Costco)
- 2 pounds meatballs (package pre-cooked chicken, I like Aidell's Organic Chicken Meatballs with Basil and Garlic or Colemans Chicken Meatballs.)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 24 ounces pasta sauce (jar low-sugar, I used Newman's Own Common Good Tomato Basil Sauce, which was the lowest-sugar sauce I found.)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (grated)
|Calories230Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Melissa Sharma a month ago
Everyone loved it even my husband who doesn't like artichokes.
Amy Huey a month ago
My entire family really enjoyed this dish! The artichoke replaced the need for a noodle and it was so satisfying.
Mark 2 months ago
We didn't reduce the sauce enough but everyone loved it, even our picky eater. The cook time is a little long, ours turned into "hardened cheese crust with meatballs underneath". Next time we will cook it for half the time.
Holly 2 months ago
I used beef meatballs but otherwise followed recipe. It was delicious. Will definitely make again
Jones 4 months ago
Great definitely Take the time and brown the meat balls and reduce the marinara. Quick and easy dish and the family loved it!
K 4 months ago
Very tasty. Did not heat sauce so a bit watery also used 9x9 pan so cheese was a bit brown at 43 minutes.
Maria 5 months ago
It tasted really good. If you don't like artichokes you could substitute zuchinni or another veggie in place of it.
Goldman 5 months ago
pretty good! fasr & simple, but dont burn the cheese....
Victoria R. 5 months ago
Myself and even my teen approves. Very yummy and low calorie. I specially love that it requires few ingredients. Will definitely make again.
lizzy a year ago
I personally loved this, but the family didnt care too much for it. I think the problem was the canned artichokes had a sour taste from the pickling . Maybe it would be better with fresh ones? Probably wont be making again.
Ginger Seki a year ago
Very tasty! I added 2 pounds of spaghetti squash to the pan under the meatballs and turned it into a "spaghetti and meatballs" dish. Even my 6 year old went for it!
Chris S. a year ago
lwe lve it. Easy. I add sliced mushrooms. it"s now a favorite. Wifey just calls it "The Yummy."