Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Preheat oven to 375°F. For the pastry, add flour, butter, cocoa powder and powdered sugar to a food processor. Pulse until fine crumbs form. With the motor running, add milk, until dough forms around blades. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly until smooth. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill 15 mins.
- Roll pastry out between 2 sheets of parchment paper to a 2 inch thick round. Ease into an 8 inch round, fluted tart pan with removable base and trim edges. Line with parchment paper and fill with dry beans or rice. Bake 15 mins. Remove paper and filling. Bake 10 more mins until crisp. Cool.
- For the dark chocolate filling, simmer 3/4 cup cream in a saucepan on medium. Add dark chocolate and remove from heat. Set aside 1 min. Stir until glossy and smooth. Pour into pastry base. Chill 1 hour, until set.
- For the milk chocolate layer, simmer remaining cream on medium. Add milk chocolate and remove from heat. Set aside 1 min. Stir until glossy and smooth. Pour into pastry base over dark chocolate layer. Chill 1 hour, until set.
- Preheat broiler to high. For the meringue, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until they form soft peaks. Gradually add the sugar, beating 8-10 mins, until stiff and glossy. Spread on milk chocolate layer with a spatula. Broil 3-5 mins, until lightly golden. Chill until ready to serve.
|Calories740Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.