This recipe spells "tasty." Learn the ABCs of making tomato sauce and enjoy stirring performances by Cookie Monster and Chef Gonger. They should be nom-nom-nominated for a Michelin star! Sponsored by LACTAID®. LACTAID Milk is 100% real milk, just without the lactose and 0% worry, with all of the taste you can only get from real milk and none of the discomfort.
- An introduction to Creamy Tomato Alphabet Pasta with Carla Hall, Cookie Monster, and Chef Gonger (Click on this step or "Make It Now" to view introduction.)
- Place pasta, milk, and the water in a large skillet and stir together well. Add more water if the pasta is not completely covered. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is just tender and the liquid has reduced and thickened to coat the pasta. Remove from heat.
- Cut one end off an onion to create a flat base so it doesn't roll off the cutting board. Halve the onion, peel off the skin, and dice one half. Check the pasta and turn down the heat if it is bubbling. Add the diced onion, garlic clove, olive oil, canned tomatoes, milk, dried herbs, salt, and black pepper to a blender. Blend until smooth. Check pasta again and remove from heat once it is done cooking.
- Pour the tomato sauce into the pan with the pasta, then cook over medium heat until warmed through and thickened. Add additional salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
|Calories270Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.