Creamy Enchiladas w/ Green SauceSHANNONKETCHUM
These enchiladas are super easy to prepare. Cook the chicken in the crockpot, assemble, throw in the oven and serve! They have lots of flavor from the salsa and green chile in the crockpot and the sour cream gives them a nice, creamy element and the green sauce has just the right amount of tang.
- Begin by placing frozen chicken breasts, salsa and green chiles into a crock pot and cook on low for several hours until the chicken is cooked through, then switch to keep warm until you're ready to prepare the enchiladas.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Remove the chicken breasts from the crock pot and shred with two forks and add to a large bowl. Add about 2/3 cup of the salsa/green chile mixture and the sour cream and stir until combined. Pour green verde sauce into the bottom of a large glass baking dish until just covered. Fill the corn tortillas with the chicken mixture and roll and add to the pan. Continue until you have used all of the chicken mixture. Top with a mixture of the Jack and cheddar cheeses and bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese has melted and the enchiladas are heated through. Remove and let cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
- If the tortillas tear when you roll them, try heating in the microwave covered in a damp paper towel for about 20-30 seconds and they should be easier to handle. Garnish suggestions: Black olives, tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole, green onions, jalapeño.
- Find more information and photos at www.ketchumkitchen.com
|Calories200Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.